Mudroom Makeover: ORC - Week 1

Hi folks! I am back again for yet another One Room Challenge. This time I plan on redoing my 'so-called' mudroom - a tiny space under the stairs where we toss our everyday shoes, hats, scarves etc. Unfortunately, it lacks total functionality where our needs are concerned. The space opens to the kitchen, and because it has no seating accommodation, everyone uses the dining chairs when putting on their shoes. We occasionally hang coats on hangers which creates added challenge, particularly when trying to promote independence among the little ones. Despite my disgruntlement, I am thankful for one thing; current day innovation! - which brings to the world, hooks, hooks, and more hooks.

My plan includes: 

  • Addition of seating - Bench
  • Hooks/Shelf
  • Wallpaper
  • Painting - Ceiling (Black)
  • Art - To brighten the space 
  • Transparent Bins - For accessories: Sunglasses, Sunblock lotion etc.
  • Flooring




Mudroom Design Plan







As you can see, it is an extremely tiny space, but no worries, I have BIG plans to spruce it up.






Well, that's it for now. Please follow along as I attempt to make over this room. Thanks for stopping by...hope to see you again next week! 

Now hurry over to Linda's Blog and check to see what everyone else is up to.

2 comments

  1. Delia!!! I am so glad you are participating again too! I can't wait to see you finish up your mudroom, it will improve your life so much! Love your plan! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete