Target Tablecloth Turned Cushion

It is yet another day for DIY projects. It is always fun to try something you have never done before. Two years ago, I purchased a tablecloth from Target because I liked it.

It was part of their large Dwell Studio line being sold in stores. I loved its graphic print, and also its bold and vivid colors. At the time, I had no idea what I would do with the tablecloth, until I thought about using it to make cushions for my bedroom. 

I decided to cut fabric squares from each end of the tablecloth to make the cushions because I was not really concerned about the placement of the print. I figured, it did not matter where I cut it, as it would still look beautiful. Also, this was a very lovely fabric and I did not want it to go to waste.




I purchased a brown twin sheet from Walmart to match the wall color of my bedroom and used it for the back of the cushion. I decided on an envelope style, mainly because I wanted the option of washing the cover when necessary. I also cut the fabric from the bottom of the sheet to avoid having to stitch the edges. 


It was a reasonably sized cushion, 18" x 18" to be exact. 
This picture gives you a clear view of the scale. 



"Isn't she Love-ly? Isn't she won-der-ful?"  :-)

Now here they both are, in their rightful place, on my bed. The colors flow so well with the dark wood in the furniture.



[a side view]



**** While perusing the web I found a few bloggers who also used this tablecloth to do other projects. You can check them out if you like.....



Have you tried making an envelope style cushion? How did it turn out? I really like mine :-)









No comments