ORC: Week 3 - Painting and Priming!

Good day my lovelies and welcome to Week three of another ORC update! It's always a pleasure having you visit my little blog. This makeover began 3 weeks ago, so it would be best to visit Week 1 and Week 2  to see my plan and how I progressed to this point. 

Let's start by saying that for the past few days I've been dabbling in paint and primer...lol. The first victim was this lovely bunk bed that my kids use whenever guests stay over. The little fellow wants it in his bedroom, so I'll be using it for a swap with his full-sized bed. My original instinct was to paint it all red, but I think it looks fine, as is. What do you all think? 






After much deliberation, the votes are in and the winner is, drumroll please-Dum-ba dump-ba dump __________number 2, "Soft Boiled by Behr!" 💛


I honestly was afraid of painting with this color, but I think I've grown to love it! It's the little fellow's favorite and you all know that it's best to "give the people what they want." 


I had to have most of the wall patched and, of course; I forgot to get paint sanders so the painting of the wall got delayed. Not to worry though, I still kept going; priming and painting everything in sight, hahaha. The dresser and knobs were next in line and now that they're done, I must admit that I feel much relief to have gotten this far. 


Plans are underway for creating a little design feature for these drawers...


and the knobs are al-RED-dy looking like new :)


Week 4! Ready or not, here I come! Have a great weekend everyone and before you go, please head on over to the One Room Challenge website and show some love to my fellow guest participants.


No comments