Pottery Barn Ribbon Board Knock-off

 Enjoy, and share this beautiful Mother's Day with a special lady in your life; someone who have inspired you in some way, to become a better individual.

Today, I want to share with you one of my latest projects, done for my 6 year old daughter. During a recent bedroom makeover, she requested I put butterflies in her room. I thought of adding pin/clip boards, and after searching online, stumbled upon these. They are Shaped Ribbon Boards from Pottery Barn, considered a bit pricey for me.

I recreated the bird and butterfly boards to match my daughter's room decor.

Items Used
Foam Board
Scissors
Spray Adhesive
Glue gun/sticks
Fabric
Ric rac trim
Polyester fiberfill

I found a simple bird shape that I liked among one of my daughter's school papers. I made a template, and cut out the shape, on the foam board. I then dispersed some  polyester fiberfill all over the shape, and attached it using spray adhesive. 
Note: If you attempt to make this, the spray adhesive dries really fast, so it's best to lay the fiberfill on the shape first, then attach a little at a time.


Next, I used the template to cut out the fabric.
I left a 1 1/2 inch border to attach to the back of the shape. 


Finally, I carefully wrapped the fabric over the shape and hot-glued it to the back of the foam board, while tugging firmly. When I was through, I lined up the ric rac on the diagonal, and hot-glued it to the back, to form the desired pattern. You could cover the back with felt, or leave it as is, because it will not be visible.

Here's the finished product.


I also made a Butterfly shaped board
They are both hung on my daughter's bedroom wall.


  
She really loves them.

I hope you were inspired. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Linking up with 
Flaunt it Friday 205!
"Inspire Me Please" Weekend Blog Hop #60
Remodelaholic Linking Party
Mad Skills Party #206

No comments