ORC: Week 8 - Fun and Colorful Bedroom Reveal!


Hello lovelies! It's such a pleasure having you here today. After 8 weeks of hard work and determination, I've arrived at the finish line of the One Room Challenge...YAY! Be prepared to enter a world filled with bursts of colors, healthy fruit treats, a couple friends of the wild, and countless loads of fun. 
Are you ready now for a dramatic and exciting reveal? 
Well, ready or not, here it comes! 



I DID warn you! It's dramatic...lol. Lots of color dripping from the ceiling, seeping through the walls, and springing up from the ground :)


Painted arrow and little fellow's DIY art


His exact sentiments just one day before the reveal...


This birdie has been his loyal sidekick for 6 years. He recently pointed out that its legs are falling off so I'll need to add some sewing to my to-do list :)




I totally love this crayon saving bank, picked up at Dollar Tree some years ago.



Six years ago, I found these ottomans at Target on clearance for $7.99 each. They were leftovers from their college supply. I reupholstered the ottomans for my daughter's room at the time but plan on redoing them in the future. For now, I think the print works, and the little fellow has no complaints.

DIY matte made from green construction paper



He likes indulging in anything  citrusy, hence these yummy-looking pillows.


This was a happy room refresh because with the exception of the dot decals, bed linen, the marquee letter P, and the citrus pillows, we already owned all items in the space. All other items were either repurposed, repainted, or swapped out to match the intended décor and theme. 


Felt map that he's owned for years...

Smile! Never throw away your kids' pretty dental appointment cards. Why? Because you can use them to make the most amazing art pieces. 

 I swapped out his wooden side table for this red table, and I think it works a lot better here.


Spray painted fan blades





It is absolutely amazing what a little paint can do. I must admit that yellow would never have been my go-to color had my son not requested it in the room, but I must confess that I. Am.Totally. In. Love!
His only request was for paint - "Mommy, my room is so boring. Can you paint it yellow and blue? Yellow is my favorite color...and paint my bed, and can you paint my dresser too? And mommy, no white walls, please."
No white walls! I tricked him, didn't I? ha!

He wanted to put his own stamp on the space, so he DIY these art pieces.


When I started the makeover, he got busy creating them, which he insisted upon being included in the decorating process.

...and as a reminder, here's a before picture. Pretty boring right? Well, as of today, boring doesn't live here anymore :)

Finally, my mask is off and now I can breathe...a sigh of relief...lol.
The updated space absolutely thrilled the little fellow. For a kid who rarely shows expression, except for when playing video games, he just could not contain the excitement.  




A big thank you to Linda for organizing and hosting the One Room Challenge, Also, to Better Homes and Gardens for being the official sponsor of this fun event. 
Also, thank you kindly for stopping by! I hope I succeeded in adding a bit of sunshine and happiness to your day. 
Before you go, don't forget to head on over to the One Room Challenge homepage and show some love to my fellow participants. Have a very blessed and peaceful day! 

Bye!

6 comments

  1. It’s absolutely brilliant! I can’t pick one thing as a favourite, there are so many. Well done Delia you are very clever 😊.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our boys would be great friends -- color and frogs are favorites here, too! This is a beautiful room. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela! I really appreciate 🙏 you stopping by. Boys will be boys, won't they r you? 😊

      Delete
  3. What a bright and happy space! I bet your son loves it!!!

    ReplyDelete