Land of the Free! Home of the Brave!

Happy Independence my friends! It is the best feeling in the world to have the reassurance that you are free - free from oppression; free from pain, free from bondage and chains. Just possessing basic knowledge of the fact that we can move about expressly as we so desire, brings total peace of mind. 
I am thankful for this God-given freedom and for the men and women who fought valiantly so that we could attain this right. 
Yesterday, I celebrated with my family in the simplest of fashion. Despite the simplicity, we bonded over food :), and all plans for dieting went out the window. 






At one point the rain had my hubby running to and from the garage with the grill, ha!  When it was all over, we sat down and had a good laugh.  




Well, that's all for now. How did you celebrate the holiday? I close by wishing you a great day, and by encouraging you never to forget to continue the work that was started,..."For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others"- Nelson Mandela.

Linking up with Celebrate Your Story

2 comments