Dining Room Reveal!

Hello everyone! Today, after keeping you waiting, I finally get to share my completed dining space. 



For those of you reading for the first time, my artwork was delivered broken twice, so I was faced with a quick decision to improvise. Despite the minor setbacks, I managed to keep on going because as we all know, "slow and steady wins the race". I look back at the many challenges encountered and still have no regrets. I would do it again, and again, and again. With that said, I think I might just be addicted because this is my 6th time participating. 

Here is where I began; the before:


Now after few weeks of waiting, I humbly present to you my little blue dining room : ).













Ahhh, my square lamp shades. I know this goes against the design rules; (square shades with square lamps, and round shades with round lamps) but I love 'different', and as we all know, design is personal. Wouldn't you agree?




The chandelier you all! It is the shining star of the room (pun intended). I am completely in awe of how beautiful it is. 








Enjoy the photos : ).




















Bear in mind that this is a very tiny space, so I tried my best to make it work.


These artwork replaced the ones that I received broken. I think the colors work just fine considering they were a 'spur of the moment' selection. While I really love the brush stroke lamps, the juxtaposition of the artwork and lamp made them compete. So again, more changes (I know).



These little chairs are so comfy, and the kids love them! I smile as I write this post because I am sitting here wondering, "When will we ever get to sit on these things?" Ha! The reason being, we always eat at our breakfast nook which has a large table for six. I could actually refer to this freshly decorated space as the GUEST dining room because we only use it when guests arrive.



I also love my pink rug! Maybe bright colors is not your thing, but I really think this will do well with hiding spills, should we encounter any; and did I mention it is really soft.

I am super happy everything worked out. Thanks to Linda for hosting this exciting Challenge, and thanks to everyone who supported me along the way. It really means a lot to have you stop by to offer some love. 

Have a very good weekend, and keep enjoying the many spaces decorated by my fellow participants. I am now on my way over to take a look.

Many thanks to Lamps Plus for their generous contribution to my dining room.  I am truly, truly grateful. Did you know they not only sell gorgeous lighting, but Lamps Plus also sells furniture and home decor as well? Kindly visit their site and check out their huge selection. They are very easy to work with, very courteous and engaging. Although the chandelier was courtesy of Lamps Plus, all opinions are mine. 

Linking up with Metamorphis Monday.


27 comments

  1. Love the Chandelier and the pink rug ! You have certainly done a great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! It's beautiful Delia! Such lovely colors! It was a pretty room to begin with, but all of the details make it amazing now! You're going to enjoy it so much, just in time for the holidays! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. delia, this is so beautiful! love the wall color and all of the dramatic touches that play together wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delia, well done with all the hard work! I especially love the chandelier against the wall color, love the white lamps with the paints in between and the picture with the light coming in from the window makes the room look divine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! That chandy pops again your walls! And I adore that pink rug! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer. I love your Laundryroom/mudroom makeover. I tried commenting but did not see a window to do so. That pallet light box is really beautiful, and installing a door with a built in window was a brilliant idea! I also love all the touches of vintage. Great job! BTW, I was thinking a dark grey burlap would work for the bench cushion :).

      Delete
  6. Delia, I love what you did, the colours are beautiful. Especially love the artwork and the cushion with the artistic colourful bird. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This room is gorgeous. It's my favorite out of all the ORC guest participants rooms. Glad I found this blog! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delia,
    Where do I start! I love the chairs, the goblets, the lamps, the way the lamps mirror the design on the silver vase, which I also love! the little frog plates, the buffet and the tray and dont forget that fabulous pink rug! Oh! and the art work! You nailed it girl friend! Just perfect!
    Jeannee | Shepherds and Chardonnay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jeannee :). I'm very happy I made it to the finish line...lol.

      Delete
  9. Holy smokes you took this room from boring to exciting! I love all of the color including the rug! And the table setting is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry :). I am trying to add more color to my home.

      Delete
  10. It's gorgeous! I so admire your ability to go with the flow. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Stacey! I am in awe at the changes you made in yours :).

      Delete
  11. Great job Delia! This room turned out so beautiful! Totally worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous dining room - so much elegance! The new chandelier really sets the tone. Your tablescape is beautiful. The new chairs are so pretty, and I really like the pillows. The pink rug adds some brightness and looks great because of the little bit of blue in the pattern. What an amazing reveal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucille :). I am really sorry you did not get to finish your space but better yet you took care of your son.

      Delete
  13. Just getting around to visiting some of the ORC reveals now - months after the fact! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your dining room, wow. There isn't a single thing I would change in it, I wish I could import it right into my house. The pink with a bit of blue area rug, oh my! It's beautiful and adds just the right refreshing and unexpected balance of color to the dark blue and white walls. I love your chairs, too. And your china! All in all, I would not want to leave your dining room, LOL. Just beautiful. I like it the best of autumn 2016's crop of rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat :). I am humbled by your kind comments, and am really happy you love the room. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thanks again.

      Delete