Tassel Embellished Sandals - From Drab to Fab!


Hi you all! This provides a quick and easy tutorial to jazz up your summer sandals. I was inspired by all those tassel/pom pom shoes I saw on the web, and decided to put my own twist on decorating a pair.


The desire to DIY came about when my daughter suddenly experienced a growth spurt, and started wearing adult shoe sizes. I must admit, "I was not prepared for it...not one bit!" However, after discovering Lace-Up Slide Sandals that actually fit her, I became determined to transform them into something a little bit more 'girly'.






I found these cute Wine Charm Accessories that are so fun and playful. Additionally, I love the colorful little tassels attached to the end of each of them. 
The charms are quite easy to put on and take off, so you can simply change out the colors as needed to complement your attire. 
I removed the colors I wanted, and then slipped all three onto one ring so as to make it appear full.






...and here it is in all its beauty. My daughter is even more in love with her sandals now, and expresses that the gold is her favorite part : ).


Have you taken on any DIY projects lately? Admittedly, my to-do list is a bit long, but I hope to complete it very soon.
Thanks for reading, and have an enjoyable and peaceful weekend!

4 comments

  1. Wow wow wow! I can't even believe how cute these are! Such a clever way to add personality to a classic style. And I love that you can change out the charms when you want a different look! I don't usually fall for tassels, but I'm definitely falling for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea! I might have to dress up my sandals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren :). It definitely iIt's just a little difficult finding shoes for her now that looks age-appropriate. Imagine a then 9 year old wearing an adult size 10.

      Delete