ORC - Kids' Playroom Makeover: Week 1

Wow! Am I actually participating in the One Room Challenge again! Could someone please pinch me. I am beginning to think I have become addicted to this very alluring, and enticing event. Considering this will be my 6th consecutive makeover, I do admit to being hooked :-).

 As a result of being very busy lately, I thought long and hard about whether or not to join in. My kids' playroom is in dire need of 'help', so I just could not resist the compelling urge that nudged me into action. 

 For this challenge, I will be decorating "yes", another of my kids' space: the  playroom. I really enjoy seeing the look on their faces at the completion of these challenges.

I had begun work on it, but as per usual, lost the motivation to continue.



 Here are few inspirational photos I gathered from the Internet.



 via


 via



I hope to come up with a Design Plan to show next week.
Thanks for stopping by, and please head over to Linda, our host, to see what the other guest participants have planned for us in this challenge.
Have a great weekend!

24 comments

  1. Good luck! Playrooms are so fun- looking forward to following:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. suck playful inspiration! can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Delia! Your inspiration photos are awesome, what a great room for you kids! Can't wait to see what you do! And thanks for the luck over on my blog...best too you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Delia! I love your inspiration board and I'm looking forward to seeing the plan next week. Kids rooms are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun, I love all of the colors in your inspiration pictures. I am also taking part in the challenge and redoing my boys' bedroom. It is fun and terrifying to be taking part in this challenge. Six weeks is not a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. I guarantee you, you can do it. Just stay focused on the task and set goals to complete each week. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. Playrooms are so fun! Can't wait to see your design board and what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are going to have such a fun time playing in their "new" room! Love your inspiration. Can't wait to see it finished. I bet your kids are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Playroom are a great place to have lots of fun. Looking forward to following along! Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kids spaces are so much fun! I look forward to seeing this fun space come together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Delia! I love how you mix color, and I know this will be good. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delia, I am so excited to watch another playroom transformation (I did a playroom in the spring). I love bright colors and bold patters, so I can't wait to see how you mix all that lovely inspiration to come up with a perfect playroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela :-). I remember that playroom makeover quite well. It totally rocked!!

      Delete
  12. I love all those bright colors you used for inspiration! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin. I was going over my post and realized I hadn't responded to you :-). I sincerely apologize...totally missed it. BTW thank you :-).

      Delete